Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Kat's out of the bag

Hey kool kat, here's a piece I made in late 2012. 

It's akrylic on keramic. 18cm x 11cm x 2cm.
Here's the study I drew before I set about making it. It's a good thing I did the study too as I hadn't realised the word kitsch has an s in it.

I changed the logo of Nestle to Nuzzle, and the slogan on the top from HAVE A BREAK to GIVE ME A BREAK.
I also changed the amount of grams from 45 to 236, after weighing the skulpture on some supermarket skales.
Having recently parted with Kitsch Kat I miss it already, although I'm also very happy to know it's found a good home.
The piece is now owned by my friend and mentor Elizabeth Gower. Elizabeth often works with packaging and advertising in her art, and in the past has actually worked with Kit Kats herself.

Elizabeth told me that back when she worked with Kit Kats they were wrapped in paper packaging, instead of the foil they use today. 

I'm not sure if that's as interesting to you as it is to me, but I think it's pretty cool. I guess it doesn't matter too much what they wrap it in though, the important thing is that Kit Kat is delicious.

But so ok, that's enough, thanks for reading, time for a break.

The last thing though, I klimbed a ladder and documented the skulpture on top of my studio. 

The photo's called Kat on a hot tin roof.

3 comments:

  1. Ηі there! Would you mіnd if I share your blog with my facebook grouρ?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    my homepage: how to get your ex back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous, thanks heaps for the comment, and yeah of course you can share this blog with your facebook group, in fact I'm thrilled that you'd like to. Thanks again, write back any time, kenny.

    ReplyDelete